Thursday, October 18, 2007

Pick-Up/ Put Him Back Lines



Why, oh why do men try those cutesy, rediculous lines on women?? And what's worse, some of them must actually work if they haven't stopped yet! I beg you ladies, have good judement and don't reward bad pick-up lines... For the sake of the rest of womankind. (I think situational pick-ups would count as well in this case.)


Some memorable and not so memorable moments:


- While out salsa dancing, asked by my partner:

Funky Awkward Guy: "So what's your SIGN?"

Me: "Hmm... not sure... Aries, I think" (Insert skeptical look here)

Funky Awkward Guy: "I KNEW we were destined to be together!"

Can I go now? This dance is over...


- While working as a gamer's event:

Pompous Gamer Guy: "Hey!"

Me: "Um, hi."

Pompous Gamer Guy: "So what do YOU play?"

Me: "I don't actually play video games... just working today with (sponsor deleted)."

Pompous Gamer Guy: "Well I'M really good at (insert gamer guy's favorite here). My team's doing really well because of ME! (Leaning in closer, whispering) So you're basically in the presence of greatness... it might rub off on you."

Oh my God! Well you didn't tell me THAT! I can't breathe.... go away?


- While walking down the street to a photo shoot wearing a bridal gown:

Cocky Street Guy: (Getting down on one Knee) "Will you marry ME?"

Me: "Tomorrow, hun... always tomorrow."

If I WERE a bride, which he wouldn't have known. Why on earth would you, even jokingly, propose on a street corner to her? Is that supposed to be cute?


No comments: