Sunday, October 21, 2007

More On Pick-Up Lines


In response to my 'Pick-up/Put Him Back Lines' post, I received some suggestions (from my mother, of course) for "good" pick-up lines. Here they are with my interpretation written in Purple.
(Just being honest here):

"Hi, my name is Greg and I notice you don't act vile and stupid like so many other women today. Would you like to have coffee sometime?"

*Note** Greg is a 46 year old with a hairy back and halitosis who likes to try and meet younger women to make himself feel better about still living with his parents* "Vile and stupid"? Someone here is DEFINATELY angry at the world. I wish him well (sort of), but still don't want to exchange numbers.

"Hi, I'm Richard and I've been admiring your friendliness and kindness to that older lady over there. Want to meet for dinner sometime?"

First of all, no one uses the terms "friendliness and kindness." Secondly, I'm picturing a scrawny, nerdy type who hasn't been on a date... well... ever come to think of it. He could use the practice, but frankly, he can practice on someone else. Besides, nervous dates sweat. And Richard will sweat... A LOT.

"Hi, I'm Adam and it's good to see you in Bible study. I hope you come back next week. I liked your comments and would like to get to know you better."

"Hi Adam, I think you're looking for someone; Her name is Eve. I hear she lives in this wonderful community far, far away. You better start trekking over soon. You have a lot of populating to do." = )

"Having met you recently, you seem like a deep thinker and less self centered than many women today. I've been admiring you from afar. Would you like to go hiking sometime?Oh, yeah, in case you've forgotten, I'm Tom."

"Hmmm... being a deep thinker is in NO WAY a compliment. What... Like I'm distant or something? Why the HELL would I want to wind up out in the middle of nowhere with you???? A stranger no less. What are you trying to pull here, Tom? You better start walking before I signal my bodyguard, T.J.... see? He's the one sizing you up right now."

"Wow! You cook? Oh, man, how about dinner out tonight and then at your place if we get along? I admire a woman who cooks!!"

Ummm... J? Please tell me you're smarter than to fall for the guy overly eager to get you alone at his or your place. You worry me!!

No comments: